Our client is an international media group with 7,900 employees in over 30 countries. From Norway to Malaysia, from Brazil to Sweden – millions of people around the world interact with their popular digital services every day.
Two things are crucial for current and future success: the right people and the best business ideas. Our client is proud to have a proven track record of success with both. Their philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, and not be afraid of challenging the status quo, and their success in doing so has made our client one of the most attractive employers in Norway over the last decades.
Their customers are sites all over the world, so we need an easy going person that thrives working in international environments, and enjoy the occasional travel whether it is Stockholm, Krakow, London, Barcelona or Mexico City.
As a member of the Pulse Data team, you will join our journey as we discover how to build self-serve capabilities on our state of the art data processing solutions - delighting our users with intuitive smooth user experiences. The event data we collect from all sites around the world is essential our business - including feeding customized newsrooms with low-latency (“realtime”) updates, visitor insights analysis and targeted advertisement. We have scaling challenges, from gathering up to 900 million events per day worldwide while keeping users privacy and data security in mind.
- Collaborate with product manager to gather requirements and communicate effectively with team members
- Frontend engineering, implementing new features in our existing and new applications.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team, develop reusable client code that can be integrated into many environments.
- Perform rapid prototyping to explore possible features, being creative and experiment with new solutions
- Design, implement and document systems using best practices and tools.
- Optimize web applications for maximum usability
- Collaborate with other frontend engineers, to raise the state of the art.
- Writing maintainable, scalable and secure web applications for mobile and desktop.