- You can look at the big picture level of Kahoot’s entire product and service offering, distilling our brand into everything we do
- You are equally adept operating at all levels where design has impact and so ensure our users enjoy a consistent, emotionally-engaging experience when using our products
- You are excited by the prospect of providing creative leadership for a unique, global brand
- You can work with the VP of Product & Design and other members of the management team to influence business and product strategy, helping to set the vision of what Kahoot! does and prioritise which problems to solve
- You feel pride in managing and mentoring designers to their best work. Designers love working for you
- You are confident overseeing and managing multiple streams of work
- Thanks to your experience, you understand the importance of the structure that underpins design work, from flows and service blueprints to wayfinding and visual language. You are also able to guide designers in that structural work and in their work on surface level details, from typography and layout to animation and transitions
- You are humble, friendly and approachable and product managers, engineers and stakeholders love working with you
- You know how and when to bring together product managers, developers and business stakeholders and through, for example, workshops, facilitate the process of turning research insights into a product value proposition
- You are highly adept at converging on a coherent product solution from a diverse set of data and opinions
- You’ll do lots of sketching but also the odd bit of production work yourself - we are a startup after all so we need people who can hands on when needed - you won’t be just a manager!
This role reports into the VP of Product & Design. The design team is, however, responsible for design across the whole organisation (not just our products) and is made up of a mix of generalist designers.
Our lasting mission is to make learning something everyone wants to connect with. Being part of Kahoot! is an opportunity to directly impact millions of people’s lives - and that’s how we measure our success. Kahoot!’s design team plays a critical role, since the founding of the company, in that mission.
We’re extremely lucky to have lots of very passionate users – they love Kahoot! (just search on YouTube and you’ll see what we mean). We want to make sure that we always have a deeply empathic approach to design.
Kahoot! is a facilitator of awesome, highly engaging, fun learning experiences. What is powerful about Kahoot! is not necessarily what you learn but how you learn. With over 70 million monthly active users and a public library of over 15 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the MESH community of startups - a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas.
At Kahoot!, we want our teams to reflect the cultural diversity of our users so we especially welcome applications from those with diverse backgrounds.