Torvald Klaveness is a dry bulk operator, service provider and integrated owner. Through Klaveness Combination Carriers, the company has a unique concept of combination carriers, and through Klaveness Container provides container feeder vessels to various operators. Klaveness Operations manages the owned vessels from an environmental, technical and commercial standpoint and Klaveness Digital has developed the world’s leading platform for managing seaborne logistics. The success and legacy of the company have always centered on finding new ways to improve technology and business models in shipping with a vision of improving the nature of shipping.
With more than 70 years’ experience, Klaveness operates close to 135 vessels through offices in Oslo, Singapore, Manila and Dubai with around 175 employees onshore and close to 750 seafarers.
Being a shipping company that sees innovation through technology as an integral part of our vision, our IT, Data and Digital Innovation-department is at the forefront of this focus. We’re now strengthening our team in Oslo with a Solution Architect who will play a key role in how we innovate across the company.
As a Solution Architect at Klaveness, you’ll be a strategic designer and planner as well as an operative executioner of technical solutions across several business areas that would benefit from new, innovative solutions, both short and long term. With you on this, you’ll have a strong team consisting of developers, data engineers, analysts, data scientists and other key resources, where we challenge you to think differently in how to improve the nature of shipping.
What you’ll be doing:
- Gather functional requirements and translate them into system guidelines that shape project development as well as find ways to align projects with enterprise-level systems
- Be the link between domain experts in the company and the rest of the development team to identify, translate, and convert business requirements into relevant solutions
- Determine which framework, platform or tech-stack can be used to create a solution, and how those solutions will be scaled and maintained for the future
- Take lead on identifying relevant technology that can be used to solve a given business problem and how to execute on those
- Provide guidance on cybersecurity best practices in relation to software development and cloud-based infrastructure, including assessing risk in third-party frameworks/platforms
We’re looking for someone that:
- Has solid experience from similar roles and a proven track record of delivering digital products and services in close collaboration with different stakeholders
- Solid understanding of traditional IT infrastructure while maintaining experience with working in a public cloud environment using preferably Azure, AWS or GCP
- Withholds strong and clear communication skills
- Has solid experience with cybersecurity fundamentals
- Experience with some of the following technologies: SAP / PI, Biz Talk, Mulesoft, MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, Azure Data Lake or SAP Hana
- Solid background as a developer using a wide range of different languages and tools
- 3+ years of experience from similar positions as a solution architect, or 5+ years of experience as a senior developer/business analyst with a strong programming background
- Higher education (M.Sc. or B.Sc) within a relevant field/subject
- English spoken and written proficiency or fluency
We can offer:
- You being a crucial part of the company’s overall objective to innovate through the use of technology
- Competitive salary package, including solid pension and insurance scheme
- A clear focus toward professional and personal development
- Modern offices with high standards located at Vækerø in Oslo
If you have any questions regarding this position or want to have an informal chat about this, please contact Marius Lugg (Recruitment Consultant) at First Engineers at + 47 450 50 582 or email@example.com.