Senior Developer / Solution Architect
Fintech is fun, insurtech is even more awesome! We’ve all witnessed the impact of fintech in the banking industry, and now everything is set for disruption in the insurance industry.
Our mission is to help the insurance industry get rid of their legacy systems and really start innovating. Cloud Insurance, our lean and mean Software-as-a-Service for insurance companies, agents and brokers, is already in use in over 20 countries across five continents.
Cloud Insurance is in constant growth and evolution. On this note, we are scouting for someone with a knack for vast, intricate systems who wants to bring Cloud Insurance to new, exciting plains, in concert with our CTO. As a company we have been profitable since year one, and are attentive of our further growth and culture.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Developer who wants to both oversee and get their hands dirty with our system, constantly shaping your very own role as a Solution Architect. Basically, helping us decouple and scale the software with your additional expertise and new outlook.
- Be part of, and oversee the tech squad, working in a dynamic symbiosis between back-end,
front-end and UX on different projects.
- Use your competence to decouple and scale both the system and team alongside
- Bring an additional perspective on increasing bandwidth and developing the already
vast Cloud Insurance structure.
- Always consider big picture things, while mastering the ins and outs of the system.
- Grow together with the system, ultimately shaping and solidifying your technological
expertise and role as Solution Architect.
- A MSc within relevant fields, or a BSc with extensive experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with large, complex enterprise systems.
- You have an extensive understanding for system implications and business logic.
- You have an aptitude and drive for scaling and maintaining substantial systems.
- Strong programming skills, with a thirst for learning new technologies.
- You have strong fundamentals: OOP, design patterns, data modelling and application architecture, with a desire to write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Experience with the challenges of competing priorities: customer-specific flexibility / product maintainability.
- Gold star for experience working with finance/insurance systems.
- Consultants are welcome, but should have been with one specific system for at least 2 years.
- The experience of working in a fast-moving, fast-growing tech startup environment.
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn.
- Unlimited high-quality coffee from Solberg & Hansen, cold beer in the fridge and
an amazing, free lunch.
- Competitive salary and equity in the company (we want to share the success with
Those who contribute to it).
- Plenty of flexibility with regards to where, when and how you work.
- Lots of fun – afterwork beers, parties and much more!
This position is based in Oslo, Norway. We have modern offices in Kongens Gate 6 (aka Sjøfartsbygningen), in the heart of Kvadratruten, close to Oslo Central Station.
Feel free to write your application in Norwegian or English.
Still curious? If you want to know more about us, check out cloudinsurance.io, especially the page with some info on the team. Also, have a look at this recent article from Finansavisen covering or latest exciting customer contracts. Want to see a serious video? Check out this video of our CEO explaining what Cloud Insurance is. Want to see a feel-good video? Check out the Cloud Insurance Summer Internship 2018 movie. Also feel free to check out our sales brochure, company profile, and slide deck