Cloud Insurance is looking for a Senior developer!
Fintech is fun, insurtech is even more awesome! We’ve all witnessed the impact of fintech in the banking industry, and now everything is set for disruption in the insurance industry.
Our mission is to help the insurance industry get rid of their legacy systems and really start innovating. Cloud Insurance, our lean and mean Software-as-a-Service for insurance companies, agents and brokers, is already in use in over 20 countries across five continents.
Cloud Insurance is in constant growth and evolution. On this note, we are scouting for someone with a knack for vast, intricate systems who wants to bring Cloud Insurance to new, exciting plains, in concert with our CTO. As a company we have been profitable since year one, and are attentive of our further growth and culture.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Developer who wants to both oversee and get their hands dirty with our system. Basically, help us build new functionality and scale the software with your additional expertise and new outlook.
- Build new functionality and improve existing stuff alongside our CTO. Together we’ll make ongoing prioritizations between:
- Innovation - We love new and flashy tech, and solving problems for our customers in an innovative way
- Expansion - New customers always brings some new development projects, since no customer is ever the same
- Scalability - In terms of product, architecture, and internal processes
- Be part of the tech squad, working in a dynamic symbiosis between back-end, front-end and UX , where you will develop and deploy product-wide features daily and iterate on improvements.
- Work together with our team in Oslo and our clients across Scandinavia, the UK, Europe and USA on planning future features.
- Grow together with the system, ultimately shaping and solidifying your technological expertise and role.
- And obviously; charm us with your beautiful code
- A MSc within relevant fields with at least 3 years of experience, or a BSc with at least 5 years of experience. Relevant experience would be working with large, complex enterprise systems.
- Strong programming skills, with a thirst for learning new technologies and applying the best suitable technologies to solve the problems at hand.
- Strong fundamentals: OOP, design patterns, data modelling and application architecture, with a desire to write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Interest for software architecture and how to scale and maintain complex systems, considering the big picture, while mastering the ins and outs of the system.
- Experience with the challenges of competing priorities: such as customer-specific flexibility / product maintainability.
- Experience with finance/insurance systems is not a requirement but definitely a plus!
- Consultants are welcome, but should have been with one specific system for at least 2 years.
- The experience of working in a fast-moving, fast-growing tech startup environment.
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn.
- Unlimited high-quality coffee from Solberg & Hansen, cold beer in the fridge and an amazing, free lunch
- Competitive salary and equity in the company (we want to share the success with those who contribute to it)
- Located at our Oslo headquarters, however with plenty of flexibility in regards to where, when and how you work.
- Lots of fun – afterwork beers, parties and much more!
This position is based in Oslo, Norway. We have modern offices in Kongens Gate 6 (aka Sjøfartsbygningen), in the heart of Kvadratruten, close to Oslo Central Station.
We are open for applicants from Scandinavia and Europe if they are willing to move to Oslo. There is some leeway for remote work under the Corona regulations, with the expectation that employment will move onsite as soon as possible.
Feel free to write your application in Norwegian or English.
Still curious? If you want to know more about us, check out cloudinsurance.io, especially the page with some info on the team. Also, have a look at this recent article from Finansavisen covering or latest exciting customer contracts. Want to see a serious video? Check out this video of our CEO explaining what Cloud Insurance is. Want to see a feel-good video? Check out the Cloud Insurance Summer Internship 2018 movie. Also feel free to check out our sales brochure, company profile, and slide deck.
Corona situation note: We currently all work remotely from our home offices. Our activity level is still high, we have solid clients and a solid liquidity situation. Thus, all recruitment processes are continuing according to our recruitment plan. Our goal is to gain a competitive advantage in this period. We are investing more in product development and we are expanding the organization. We believe the corona crisis will lead to accelerated digitalization in insurance, with an increased demand for