Coop is Norway’s second largest consumer retail operator, counting over 1250 stores and 28 000 employees across the country. Being an operator in a rapidly changing landscape, we are now setting the foundation to meet the high demands in terms of the development and innovation of digital products and services for our customers. With this mandate we founded CoopX in 2018. Now we are seeking talented software engineers to join us on our mission to build a world-class product and technology team that breathes and lives tech.
Solving challenging and complex tasks on a daily basis, we are looking for someone who enjoys taking ownership and responsibility. CoopX has the ambition to challenge the status quo every day - and we’re therefore looking for software engineers that are sharing our approach. Are you thinking different? Good! Do you want to challenge our way of thinking, the processes or methodology we use, while at the same time creating forward-thinking products and services? Even better!
As a Software Engineer at CoopX, you will be essential in the development of new digital products and services for Coop’s customers. Where in a exciting phase where you will be able to highly influence how we are setting up our digital platform with the best selected technologies and tools available, and you will be working in a strong, cross-functional team with other developers, product managers and designers creating innvoative and forward-thinking solutions that will be used by thousands of people everyday.
What you'll be doing:
- Be instrumental in the development and improvement of both new and existing features on the backend of our platform, both for our mobile apps and web applications
- Design, develop and implement API's on our platform, sourcing data from across the company and breaking down silos on the way
- Take part in technical decisions, discussions and iterations together with our Head of Engineering and the rest of the team
- Be a driving force in the development processes and coordinating with product managers, external agencies and other key resources
- Improve and define our platform tech stack and tools together with our Head of Engineering
- Take part in analyzing the solutions we have today and deciding what can be reused and what we should develop in the future
- For the right profile, the possibility to take a lead role in the team