Torvald Klaveness is a dry bulk operator, service provider and integrated owner. Through Klaveness Combination Carriers, the company has a unique concept of combination carriers, and through Klaveness Container provides container feeder vessels to various operators. Klaveness Operations manages the owned vessels from an environmental, technical and commercial standpoint and Klaveness Digital has developed the world’s leading platform for managing seaborne logistics. The success and legacy of the company have always centered on finding new ways to improve technology and business models in shipping with a vision of improving the nature of shipping.
With more than 70 years’ experience, Klaveness operates close to 135 vessels through offices in Oslo, Singapore, Manila and Dubai with around 175 employees onshore and close to 750 seafarers.
With a clear focus throughout the organization to become more data-driven in all business areas, an internal data platform is currently under development, and as our new Data Engineer, you’ll play a key role in this work. Together with our core data team within the IT, Data and Digital Innovation-department, you will work closely with other key tech-resources and data scientists/analysts to create a state-of-the-art data platform using modern cloud solutions in Azure and GCP.
Most of our features are being built in Java or Python, with a data pipeline using Azure Data lake, TimescaleDB and SQL. We also leverage tools like Fivetran and DBT in our current stack but are looking to evolve and adapt our data platform to include real-time streaming from IoT devices and you would have a huge stake in the identification of technologies to support real-time event streaming for use in different business areas.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the rest of our tech team to develop, construct and test, as well as maintain architectures from areas such as databases and large scale processing systems and data streams
- Develop dataset processes for data modeling, mining, and production
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition from static or streaming data sources
- Responsible for ETL jobs development and implementation, data model design, data quality, and maintenance of data sources
- Create, maintain, and document existing and future integrations through SAP/PI or other tools
- Implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
We’re looking for someone that:
- Has a strong background from data engineering, having good experience with developing data pipelines and API’s
- Are used to operating in an all-cloud environment preferably using Azure, AWS or GCP
- Have a deep understanding of relational databases and event-driven datastreams using open-source database technologies such as TimescaleDB and PostgreSQL
- Withholds good communication skills, being able to collaborate well with the rest of the development team as well as the domain experts in the company
- Has experience with integrations using tools like SAP / PI, Biz Talk, Mulesoft or similar
- Experience as a developer using languages like Java, Python or other open-source technologies is a bonus
- 2+ years of experience from similar and/or relevant positions
- Higher education (M.Sc. or B.Sc) within a relevant field/subject
- English spoken and written proficiency or fluency
We can offer:
- You being a crucial part of our mission to become more data-driven in both daily and strategic decision-making
- Competitive salary package, including solid pension and insurance scheme
- A clear focus toward professional and personal development
- Modern offices with high standards located at Vækerø in Oslo
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Camilla Brustuen (Talent Acquisition Consultant) at First Engineers at + 47 938 68 605 or email@example.com.