Crafted using a design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning something that everyone wants to connect with. With over 70 million monthly active users and a public library of over 20 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond
Our teams, based in Oslo, London and Austin TX, share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience. At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of 53, we’ve raised more fundings, launched two mobile apps, Kahoot! Plus (a new version for organizations) and formulated our strategy for the coming year. We all have an exciting journey ahead!
As a Server Side Developer at Kahoot! you will be working across all of the Stack in Kahoot!. You will work on products that affect millions of our users using various technologies including large-scale systems, big data platform, and distributed systems. We are looking for an engineer with ‘full stack’ mentality who is able to move quickly between low-level networking, backend, frontend, and much more. If you’re experienced with various technologies, a fast learner and focusing on “get things done”, we’d love to hear from you!
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Work with the rest of server team to design and build a robust and flexible global platform
- Work with the product teams to help deliver new features and innovations
- Work with the infrastructure team to help enhance our server technologies and deployment processes
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Improve our existing solution