Sanity.io is a startup building world-leading cloud-based content infrastructure at an enterprise scale. Our passion is to enable efficient flow of content within the organization, letting content creators focus on the content, enabling developers to integrate workflow across systems and freeing the designers to tailor the presentation to each specific platform.
Our product consists of a real-time database and distribution network built to enable world-spanning collaboration and integration with enterprise systems, process automation and AI-content enrichment solutions, and a front end toolkit that enables developers to build inspiring authoring tools for their editors.
We are growing fast and looking for a key member to take lead of our engineering team. You will have the unique opportunity to build and implement processes, manage a world class team of developers and join a journey to change how software is developed.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with the CPO and CTO to understand product requirements and define the 'what' during product development
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize the product backlog to be continually aligned to business value
- Build roadmaps, engineering plans, and schedule estimates
- Establish team processes, workflows and best practices
- Manage the product development end-to-end
- Coach & mentor software engineers and designers
- Make the product backlog visible to all stakeholders
- Work with the engineering team to help define and elaborate user stories
- Act as a knowledge broker to resolve blockers and bottle-necks
- Identify infrastructure and architectural investment needs
- Monitor development process to ensure budget and project plan compliance
This is you:
- Demonstrated experience delivering software, leading teams, and managing engineers
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Result-oriented, analytical and data-driven
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Structured and strong attention to details
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- We accommodate for how you like to work, standing desk, etc.
- Flexible work hours that allow for having a family
- Optional home office and remote-in periods; sometimes you need a change of scenery
- You will be based in one of the happiest countries in the world (Norway), in one of Europe’s fastest growing cities (Oslo) ticking all the boxes when it comes to arts, night-life, family friendliness, and the great outdoors. And everyone speaks English!
- On-site staff enjoy awesome social benefits as mandated by Norwegian law including child benefits, paid parental leave, universal healthcare, and proper Nordic vacations.