We are looking for an experienced designer to join our super team of designers as a key member in helping craft the experience of our design service platform. You will be leading the design of new features, conduct research to optimise existing flows as well as contribute to the evolution of our design system and design process. As a part of a distributed company, you will have the freedom to work 100% remotely from your own space, choosing the location and hours that are best for you to have an impact.
This is a full-time position where you will be part of the distributed core team defining and evolving the user experience for both customers as well as design specialists who are part of our platform.
What you’ll do:
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams partnering with engineering, design and product folks finding solutions to design challenges on a wide range of product areas
- Take ownership of design ideas through the research, ideation, wireframing & prototyping phases to the final well-polished and beautifully crafted experiences
- Be up to date with and apply best user-centered design practices to create industry leading experiences
- Make well-informed decisions based on deep understanding of customer needs and strategic business directions
- Conduct research, user interviews and usability tests as part of your design process to deliver outstanding customer experiences
- Make use of and contribute to the evolution of our design system, translating abstract concepts to patterns of reusable interactions and components
- Know when to move fast by making low-fi sketches and when to apply attention to detail by producing pixel-perfect interfaces
- You are primarily based in a time zone +/- 3 hours from UTC
- 5+ years of full-time experience working in-house as a UX / product designer for digital or web-based products
- You have a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your design thinking, process, challenges and solutions in web-based products and/or mobile applications
- You are an expert in understanding customer needs, sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing existing designs
- You are proficient in UX design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, Adobe design tools)
- You are a great communicator with excellent presentation, interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills in English
- You have strong leadership and teamwork skills and the ability to work together with design leads, engineers and other stakeholders as well as the confidence to communicate your ideas clearly
What we offer:
- The freedom to choose the location and hours that are best for you to work and have an impact
- Competitive salary
- Stock options in a fast growing international startup
- 25 vacation days per year
Who is Superside?
We are a people+technology company based nowhere that hires the brightest and most ambitious talent from everywhere. Superside connects enterprise teams who need design to our diverse creative talent. Our unique combination of technology and people allow us to deliver uncompromising design quickly and affordably. We are building world-class experiences for defining, delivering, and collaborating on design projects.
Our team members come from McKinsey, Booking.com, Amazon, Expedia, Pareto Securities, Zalora, as well as leading design agencies and consultancies. Our global team is spread across more than 40 countries.
Superside was part of Y Combinator W2016 and is funded by reputable Silicon Valley investors such as Freestyle Capital, High Alpha, Sam Altman, Slack Fund, Liquid 2 Ventures, Acequia Capital, and others, as well as Norwegian Alliance Venture.