If you are, like Norwegian Block Exchange as a whole, ready to meet the often daunting challenges of scaling and securing a distributed financial platform, we are looking for your drive, curiosity and obsession with performance and security in equal measure. Building and launching a new cryptocurrency exchange and payment service involves an intricate web of functions, technologies and skills, and principal among these is an expertise and passion for DevOps and optimisation of large-scale, complex infrastructure. If you are detail-oriented, vigilant and able to anticipate problems and bottlenecks proactively, as well as able to see the big picture, you may be the Site Reliability Engineer we are looking for.
What you’ll do at NBX:
We’re a startup, so you will probably do a lot of things that won’t quite fit into this or any job description. It is by no means exhaustive but here is a sample of what we imagine your main responsibilities to be:
- Design, deploy and maintain best-in-class production infrastructure in the public cloud.
- Use your knowledge of Linux for automation and configuration of infrastructure
- Continuously audit a complex multi-layered microservices architecture to assure minimal latency and high availability.
- Implement monitoring and orchestration tools to meet service levels.
- Plan for and scope business redundancy plans, including backup/snapshot strategies in a container orchestrated environment.
- Assist in the development of CI/CD tools to manage infrastructure PaaS, IaaS and infrastructure-as-code.
- Advise and work closely with software engineering teams to develop holistic strategies to manage the NBX software platform.
- Work with the infrastructure team.
Essential and desired qualifications:
- 5+ years in a Systems Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer role
- 5+ years experience with Linux/Unix
- 2+ years working with public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Solid experience working with container orchestration (Kubernetes) and Docker
- Solid scripting experience (Python, Bash, Ruby, Go, etc.)
- Experience with web services in Nginx, Apache, etc
- NoSQL and RDBMS experience. Especially Cassandra
- Message broker experience, preferably with Apache Kafka
- Proven troubleshooting ability in a critical production environment
- Experience working with Git
Example technologies used:
- Blockchain, Linux (Debian, Ubuntu), Kubernetes, Cassandra, Kafka, Zookeeper, DataDog, Prometheus, Python, Jira, GitHub, Terraform, Vault, Chef, HSM, Apache Avro
You will report to NBX’s Director of Operations and work across departments to achieve your - and company - goals. You will have the opportunity to shape the role and your direction as well as help to shape a company in its early and exciting development stages. Hopefully the opportunity to be a big part of something different and undefined is the big draw, but of course there are other benefits. Apart from your salary, you can expect, for example:
- Belief in work-life balance and allowances for flexible work hours
- Pension scheme
- Travel insurance
- Private health insurance
- Personal insurance
- Staff tickets on Norwegian Air Shuttle network after three months of employment
- Other benefits, depending on location
Feel free to reach out to, Ole-Jakob Høgset at email@example.com with any questions you might have about the role.