Data Scientist - CoopX
Coop is Norway’s second largest consumer retail operator, counting over 1250 stores and 28 000 employees across the country. Being an operator in a rapidly changing landscape, we are now setting the foundation to meet the high demands in terms of the development and innovation of digital products and services for our customers. With this mandate we founded CoopX in 2018. We are now seeking talented data scientists to join us on our mission to build a world-class data science team.
As a Data Scientist in CoopX you will be essential in building and developing new models and services to solve complex business problems by applying machine learning and other advanced analytics methods. You will work closely with data engineers, business developers and product owners to solve challenging tasks on a daily basis. You will get the opportunity to work with new products and services, from early idea generation to implementation.
As a retail business we generate an enormous amount of transactions every minute, enriched with data from our 1.8 million members. CoopX has the ambition to make data science the competitive edge of Coop - and we’re therefore looking for data scientists that share our vision. Do you have a passion for data? Good! Do you get excited by the idea of using data to create new and forward-thinking services for our customers? Even better!
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of industry or consulting experience within advanced analytics for business problem solving
- Experience in core analytics methods and various Machine Learning, Statistical Modelling, Optimization and Predictive Modelling
- Solid knowledge of Python and SQL
- Hands-on experience with a broad base of Python data science libraries and frameworks (e.g. pandas, pyspark, scikit-learn, XGBoost, etc.)
- Experience with modern software development practices
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical resources
- Ability to show initiative, work independently and be self-driven
Ideally, you also have:
- Master’s or Advanced degree with excellent academic achievements in Computer Science, Applied Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, or other relevant fields of study
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking, and ability to find creative solutions to problems
- Experience with cloud solutions (Azure, GCP), container technologies (Docker)
We can offer:
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in one of the most exciting commitments the Norwegian consumer retail industry have seen in a long time
- Work with some of the most exciting data sets in the industry to solve complex and important business problems
- Development and delivering to production state-of-the-art recommendation systems, forecasting models, optimization algorithms, deep learning video analytics models, etc.
- A startup-mindset with the backing from a large organization
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development (e.g. conferences, training, working on own projects, etc.)
- Brand new office space located in central Oslo at Epicenter, as well as offices at Sinsen and Grorud
- We’re very serious about attracting the very best technologists in the industry and we offer a highly competitive compensation package and solid pension and insurance scheme
Coop is one of the largest grocery companies in Norway with more than 1250 grocery stores and DIY stores across the country. Coop is owned by more than 1.8 million customers through their membership in one of 87 local cooperatives. The cooperative societies own the joint organization Coop Norge SA who is responsible for procurement, assortment, chain operation, marketing, brand management, the membership program and distribution to all of the cooperative societies and their stores. Coop Norge SA conducts further business through the subsidiaries Norsk Butikkdrift AS, Coop Norge Eiendom AS and Coop Norge Industri. Coop has a total revenue of 60 billion NOK in Norway. Visit www.coop.no for more information about Coop.