Nexans Norway AS is a leading supplier of power, telecommunications, installations and heating cables in Norway, and is among the world’s leading manufacturers of offshore control cables and high-voltage submarine cable solutions. The company’s head office is in Oslo, and it has manufacturing plants at Rognan, Langhus and Halden. The company has nearly 1,600 employees and is a part of the Nexans Group which has an industrial presence in 34 countries and commercial activities worldwide. Nexans employs more than 26,000 people and is listed on the Paris stock exchange. Nexans Norway is organized into three business lines: Market Lines, Subsea & Land Business Group and Submarine Telecom and Special Cables. More information on www.nexans.com
Materials Engineering Department (MED) has a vacant position as:
Materials Engineer – Polymers and Composites
The technical department in Subsea & Land Business Group has the overall system and product responsibility and is the ultimate technical authority in the business group. The technical department consists of and has the responsibility for R&D, Material Engineering, System and Product Management, as well as advanced analysis. We are strengthening the team within Material Engineering and are looking for a candidate that are ready to bring energy to life.
- Qualify materials for use in cable production and accessories
- Specify/measure material properties for use in cable/umbilical/accessories
- Technical follow up of material suppliers
- Manage or participate in R&D projects
- Participate in delivery projects as materials engineer
- Participate in the engineering process with materials expertise
- Participate in specifying process conditions for the materials
Your qualifications and skills:
- University degree MSc / PhD or similar in polymer and composite materials technology.
- Able to work independently
- Practically oriented
- Fluency both in written and spoken English and Scandinavian language
What we offer:
- Interesting and varied work in a multidisciplinary work environment
- Competitive working terms and conditions
- Good pension scheme and insurance agreements
In Nexans we believe that a diverse workforce is fundamental for creating an inspirational workplace and encourage women to apply for this position.
For more information please contact: Jørgen Iversen, 41402740