Our vision is - using data to create agriculture for tomorrow
Mimiro is developing an open platform and products for collecting, sharing, and analyzing data to develop systems that help the farmer make better decisions in everyday farm-life. We are also creating an ecosystem for data that external suppliers can benefit from, becoming a digital arena for innovation for Norwegian agriculture. An important principle is that the farmer owns their own data. We are combining a solid knowledge of agriculture with a deep understanding of technology.
Product owners with expert competencies from agriculture are working together with leading designers and developers, to create digital solutions that are user-friendly and designed to satisfy the need of the farmer of tomorrow. Our ambition is to become world leading in agriculture when it comes to user design, cloud-based applications, Internet of Things and data safety. Mimiro is an independent Norwegian tech-company established as a joint venture agri-tech startup with international ambitions. We are owned by Tine SA and Felleskjøpet Agri, and valued at 300 million Norwegian kroner and have 25 employees today. In 2019, Mimiro won the innovation prize for agriculture.
Do you want to develop the world’s most digital farmer?
Norwegian agriculture has a long tradition for collecting and using data in documenting and control of food production. Its ability not to only collect, but to share data with others has been important in building a competitive and effective food production. To continue and strengthen this position, the ability to utilize new digital solutions will be crucial. To fulfill our ambition of being leading in the digitalization of agriculture and becoming the farmers no. 1 data-partner, we are looking for a Chief Product Officer.
The person we are looking for has extensive knowledge and experience in product management in B2B or B2C, preferably also with knowledge of the interaction between agriculture and technology. As Chief Product Officer, you will be responsible for leading and owning the development cycle of our products and a central member of the executive team at Mimiro. This involves responsibility for business strategy, product management, product design, personnel, agricultural content and functionality, and contributing to client and partner discussions.
We have offices at Ås in Akershus, in addition to a hub in central Oslo. Some traveling is required in this role. The role reports to the CEO.
You will be working with
- Operative and strategic leadership/management of product owners and cross-functional development teams. Leader and decision-making responsibility for the team’s activities and priorities, and transforming the company vision and strategy to actionable plans which span over several years - all to build a strong product company
- Developing a product vision and -strategy for Mimiro
- Establishing structured processes and procedures for product development to be used by the product teams, and mentoring the teams to reach
- Responsibility for developing the application’s agricultural content and product roadmaps for a longer time period
- Leading the portfolio of products and ensure progress in accordance with plans.
- Client and partner contact to identify needs and business value for Mimiro and the farmer.
- Being a central contributor to the company’s development and innovations activities, and ensuring the right competencies and resources within the product teams
- Cooperation with other organizations in agriculture, IT and technology to develop Mimiro
- Responsibility to follow up on management and operations of launched products
- Leading by example and contributing to building a strong culture within the company